US Visa Sponsor Documents Requirements

Sponsor documents required for inviting someone on Visitor Visa

To invite your parents, friends, or any other relatives to USA, the sponsor needs to provide a few documents to get the visitor visa approved by the USA Consulate.

Below is a list of documents required from the sponsor in USA

  • Completed and notarized Affidavit of Support form I-134.

    Download I-134

    Sample Form I-134

  • A letter from Bank/Banks stating your account summary. The letter should carry the bank's business letter head. Talk to your bank and ask for your Account verification letter that states the date of opening of account and current balance.
  • Copy of your Bank Statement reflecting enough balance to justify your financial position.
  • Certificate Letter from your employer (on company's business letter head), stating that you are a permanent employee of the company, and also stating your salary.
  • 1 or 2 recent pay stub copies.
  • Copy of few recent income tax returns or last few W2 forms.
  • Get a photocopy of whichever applicable-
    • If you are a Visa holder copies of your Visa (H1/L1), H1 approval form (I-797), and I-94 are required. If visa has expired but has a renewed petition, photocopy of the renewed petition is required.
    • If you are a Green card Holder, a copy of Green card is required.
    • If you are a USA citizen, a copy of the certificate of citizenship is required.
  • A clear photocopy of your complete Passport including the blank pages is required.
    Note: If you are sponsoring your in-laws, photocopies of all pages including blank pages of your spouse's passport and your marriage certificate is also required.
  • Original birth certificate of the sponsor child (son or daughter) is required.
    Note: if you are inviting your in-laws , then spouse's birth certificate is required not yours.
  • An application/letter from you to the particular US consulate in which the applicant is applying the B-2 visa. The letter should state a request for visitor visa for the applicant and also state that you will undertake the responsibility for the whole trip including tickets, boarding, and other expenses.
  • A formal invitation letter addressed to the person (persons) you are inviting to US. The letter should state that you will be taking care of all their needs in US including tickets, boarding, and other expenses.

Share on
(103 votes, Average:3.3/5)

Related Articles: